icy_picture_modify -- Allow user to modify any pictures
A piwigo extension that allows users to edit any set of images.
This extension just works as the
picture_modify.php for administrator.
The code of this plugin is based on the original source
picture_modify.php of the Piwigo distribution (version 2.2.3.)
Advanced ACL is supported since version 1.2.0.
Normal users in Piwigo system can delete image or modify image's metadata (author, date, tags, description, metada, linking/represented categories). They can upload some images to some categories.
Advanced ACL allows users to work with any set of images / categories.
- Install and enable this plugin and the plugin
- Create and edit ACL file in
local/config/icy_acl.zmlin your Piwigo installation. A sample file can be found in
doc/icy_acl.zml.sample. You don't have to modify any settings for the plugin
community. Moverover, any settings of the plugin
communitywill be ignored.
- If you are using a development of the plugin, please clean up the
obsolete files (See
The following files are obsolsete. They need to be ported to new format and/or to be removed
local/config/icy_acl.php: need to be ported to
local/config/icy_acl.zml. After your old ACL settings are ported to new format, you can safely delete this file;
_data/icy.log: if you are using
icy_picture_modifyversion 2.0.0 or higher, you can safely remove this file.
- No webUI for ACL editting
- If an image is replaced by a new version (using plugin
Photo update) the new version is owned by administrator, not the current user. Hence the image may not be editable by themself.
- This plugin doesn't support all known templates
- This plugin may not work smoothly without the plugin
- User can delete an image which is associated to some albums to which the user doesn't have permission to write/access. This is true as the plugin only checks owner of the image.
To get support, please create new issue at https://github.com/icy/icy_picture_modify/issues
The plugin requires a webUI for ACL editting. Unfortunately, the author isn't good at template system used by Piwigo. Feel free to help us to write a webUI :)
If you know what
donation is and how it works in Open source develoment,
feel free to donate ;) My Paypal email is
The author's information
Special thanks to
- plg (Piwigo forum)
- delakut (Piwigo forum)
- IGraham (Piwigo forum)
- At Github.com: https://github.com/icy/icy_picture_modify
- At Piwigo.com: http://piwigo.org/ext/extension_view.php?eid=563
- SVN repository: http://piwigo.org/svn/extensions/Icy_Picture_Modify/
- Forum link: http://piwigo.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=131585#p131585