IdeaBase Starter Kit 2.0
IdeaBase Starter Kit v2 - Includes Grunt + Pattern Lab + Craft CMS
- Create a New Repository under IdeaBase
- Install Tower https://www.git-tower.com/mac/ or GitHub Desktop (or use command line if you want)
- Log in with GitHub credentials and clone the new repository
- Download the IdeaBase Starter Kit 2.0 zip file and copy the files into the repository
- Commit and push changes to repository using "Push - Tower" or "Publish - Github Desktop"
MAMP (PHP, MySQL)
- Install MAMP Pro http://mamp.info
- Under ports - click the button to Set server ports to 80, 81, etc...
- Set up a new host directory (aka something.web) and point to the "public" or "html" folder instead of the root
- Click the plus button underneath the box where "localhost" is listed
- Set up a local database, if using a CMS
- Set the default password for MySQL to "root"
- Start Servers
- Rename the craft/config/db-backup.php to be db.php
- Edit the craft/config/db-backup.php file with the LOCAL database name (assuming the password and user name are root)
- You can "Ignore" the db.php file once it's been edited with the local info so there's no chance of it being overwritten to production.
- Important - change the public/htaccess file to be .htaccess.
- In craft/config/general.php - change the LOCAL url to your actual local URL.
- Go to your local URL/admin to begin CMS setup.
- If using Pattern Lab, change the "htaccess" file in the public/lab folder to .htaccess, which will automatically redirect visitors to /lab to the /lab/public directory
Command Line Instructions
- Install Node.js for your OS https://nodejs.org/en/download/
- Open the command line interface
- Type "sudo gem install sass" and enter
- Type "sudo npm install -g grunt-cli" and enter
- Navigate to the directory where your project is located (the public or html folder)
- Type "sudo npm install" and enter
- Type "grunt" and hit enter.
- Save a file to test grunt build process
Grunt will do the following:
- Compile all sass in compressed format
- Autoprefix CSS
- Autobuild the Pattern Lab files (if needed)
- Autorefresh the browser when HTML or CSS files are updated
**To do: Fix the critical CSS **