You saw Apple September 2017 event. You probably heard about of Apple's last innvoation, iPhone X (TEN).
You, the average Android user, probably had a laugh on Apple users about the new camera notch that covers the screen's content.
It is funny, I agree.
Your Apple fanboys probably said it's not that noticeable, and that you haven't tried it yourself.
Well, you won't pay 999$ just to test it. And now, you don't need to!
Introducing XOutOf10 by Idoideas, a simulation of iPhone X's notch for any Android device, so you could feel how it's like.
Now supports all Android devices, all the way back to Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0!
Android 6.0+ Users: In your first run, please make sure you "permit drawing over apps".
Android 8.0 Oreo users: Please note that the notch will be hidden when you expand your status bar. That occurs due to Android API limitations set by Google.
How to Enable
- Download and Install the app..
- If it's your first time and you're running Android 6.0+ , click on the "Permit Drawing Over Apps" and allow it.
- Click on "Start".
Notice! To stop the simulation, click on "Stop" within the app.
In the press
- Unbox Therapy: Get the iPhone X Notch On Any Phone...
- 9To5Google: This Android app lets you 'embrace the notch' from the iPhone X on your phone
- Mashable: This app lets you add an iPhone X 'notch' to any Android device
- AndroidPolice: [Notch-our Average Look] These two apps give your Android phone the $999 iPhone X blackout for free
- TheNextWeb: Bored programmer built an app that puts the iPhone X notch on any Android phone
- Gizmodo: This Free App Adds an iPhone X Notch to Your Android Phone
- Lad Bible: Android Developer Trolls Apple By 'Copying' iPhone X Feature
Tested on OnePlus 3T, 2017.