Pro Git Book Contents
This is the source code for the Pro Git book contents. It is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial-Share Alike 3.0 license. I hope you enjoy it, I hope it helps you learn Git, and I hope you'll support Apress and me by purchasing a print copy of the book at Amazon:
It is also available online at:
and fully translated in 10 languages.
On Fedora (16 and later) you can run something like this::
$ yum install ruby calibre rubygems ruby-devel rubygem-ruby-debug rubygem-rdiscount $ makeebooks en # will produce a mobi
On MacOS you can do like this::
- INSTALL ruby and rubygems
$ gem install rdiscount
- DOWNLOAD Calibre for MacOS and install command line tools
$ makeebooks zh#will produce a mobi
If you see anything that is technically wrong or otherwise in need of correction, please open an issue and one of the maintainers will take a look.
If you wish to translate the book, your work will be put up on the git-scm.com site. Please put your translation into the appropriate subdirectory of this project, using the ISO 639 and send a pull request.
Sending a pull request
- Be careful to use UTF-8 encoding in your files.
- Do not mix changes to the original english with translations in a single pull request.
- If your pull request changes a translation, prefix your pull request and commits'messages with the ISO 639 code, e.g.
[de] Update chapter 2.
- Make sure the translation changes can be automatically merged. The maintainers can not make the merge manually if there are some conflicts.
- Make as sure as possible that the changes work correctly for publishing to pdf, ebooks and the git-scm.com website