Materials for a consultation with the IETF community on IETF LLC policies.
The draft polices are in this project. You can comment on the policies here or via the LLC-Consultation mailing list (subscribe at https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/llc-consultation). If you wish to use GitHub, you can open Issues or create Pull Requests. Opening an issue is like opening a discussion item, and so you can raise a point and begin a discussion. Creating a pull request is proposing an editorial change to a part of a given document. Both will work for our process, but initially it may be best to open an issue for discussion.
Timing of the community consultation process:
Wednesday, June 19, 2019 at 15:00 UTC
- Live webinar on policies, 60 minutes duration, with Q&A. Join at https://ietf.webex.com/ietf/j.php?MTID=m41483e425f707ebcd439ddecf11ff15f
- The webinar will be recorded for the convenience of interested parties unable to attend.
Four Week Review Period - June 19 - July 16, 2019
- Recorded webinar is available
- Comments and suggestions invited via GitHub and/or email to the discussion list email@example.com
Starting July 17, 2019
- Board review & discussion of community input
- Revision of policies
- Repeat community input & revision steps if needed
- Formal adoption of policies
Within One Week of Approval
- Approved policies posted on the IETF website, with links in the standard page footer
- Email sent to IETF announce list advising that approved policies are posted, with a link to them
- GitHub project closed
Finally, as noted earlier, the community consultation process we’re following is new. At the conclusion of this first consultation, we welcome your feedback on how we might improve it in the future.
Thank you in advance for your review and feedback.