<b class='fa fa-line-chart'></b>
<b class='menu-label'>16th August, 2018</b>
11th September, 2018
- Added locked_icon to achievements. Available only for steam achievements.
16th August, 2018
- Added language (region) to achievements
12th July, 2018
- Added achievements
20th April, 2018
- Added private endpoints to authenticate, get and set info for IGDB users.
- Added artwork to games
- Added examples when dealing with editions
13th February, 2018
The limit has been increased to 3000 for pro tiers. The catch is you will need to prefix your URLs with
/pro/ to enable this limit. You can read more about how to use the new limit here: https://igdb.github.io/api/references/pagination/
16th November, 2017
Webhooks allow us to push data to you when it is added or updated. Instead of polling the API for changes, you can listen on your HTTP endpoint (Webhook) and we will deliver the data to you.
Check out the documentation here: https://igdb.github.io/api/references/webhooks/
Webhooks are only available on Pro, Ultra and Enterprise plans.
1st November, 2017
We added the
version_parent field to games which you can use to differentiate between version/editions and main games.
To filter them out, check out the example here: https://igdb.github.io/api/examples/#search-games-but-exclude-versions-editions
We added the versions/editions feature which allows you to clearly see the various release editions of each game and their features. https://www.igdb.com/games/assassins-creed-origins/versions
We have made this data available through our API via the game_versions endpoint.
18th September, 2017
The external field connects external service Ids to ours. You can now access Steam IDs by adding
external.steam to your fields parameter.
4th September, 2017
- No filters can currently be used for the
idfield. We updated the docs to let everyone know.
- However, since there was no way to remove specific games from results, the
not_inpostfix is now supported.
You can read more here: https://igdb.github.io/api/references/filters/#available-postfixes
30th August, 2017
- Fixed bug where filtering by ISO release date (YYYY-MM-DD) returned error.
- Fixed a bug where the
eqpostfix had no matches.
- Fixed a bug where ordering by name had no matches.
- Added game->publisher and game->developer expand support.
franchisesfield to games which will replace
franchisein the next major version.
- Updated the search algorithm to be more relevant and forgiving.
- Added a list of expandable items
- Added some error code descriptions
- Added a more detailed explanation of how pagination works
18th August, 2017
- The credits endpoint has been added and documented here: https://igdb.github.io/api/endpoints/credit/
- The titles (Job Titles) endpoint has been added and documented here: https://igdb.github.io/api/endpoints/title/
- Updated games documentation to describe the "games" field which is a list of similar games: https://igdb.github.io/api/endpoints/game/
16th August, 2017
Big news today, we're starting a public changelog so you're always up to date with all the updates, improvements and fixes that are made in api.
Even though we work on the api all the time, sometimes it may seem that not much is happening. This changelog is here to improve that very important part of the communication between you and us.
You'll always receive an update when we change something, or if needed, all things we've changed is available on our public changelog page.