Ubuntu and Debian images for ARM based single-board computers https://www.armbian.com
How to build my own image or kernel?
Supported build environments:
- Ubuntu Xenial 16.04 x64 guest inside a VirtualBox or other virtualization software,
- Ubuntu Xenial 16.04 x64 guest managed by Vagrant. This uses Virtualbox (as above) but does so in an easily repeatable way. Please check the Armbian with Vargant README for a quick start HOWTO,
- Ubuntu Xenial 16.04 x64 inside a Docker, systemd-nspawn or other container environment (example). Building full OS images inside containers may not work, so this option is mostly for the kernel compilation,
- Ubuntu Xenial 16.04 x64 running natively on a dedicated PC or a server,
- Ubuntu Trusty 14.04 x64 may still be used for the kernel compilation but it is not recommended,
- 20GB disk space or more and 2GB RAM or more available for the VM, container or native OS,
- superuser rights (configured
sudoor root access).
apt-get -y install git git clone https://github.com/igorpecovnik/lib --depth 1 cp lib/compile.sh . ./compile.sh
Build process uses caching for the compilation and the debootstrap process, so consecutive runs with similar settings will be much faster.
How to change a kernel configuration?
compile.sh and set
or pass this option as a command line parameter like
to display the kernel configuration menu during the compilation process
Please read this notice first before opening an issue.