Vanity text for GitHub
Write to your GitHub activity chart.
Inspired by Rockstar
From APT package repository
This works for Debian, Ubuntu and other derivatives.
The repo is signed with my keybase.io key.
echo "deb http://bezdomni.net/packages/ ./" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/bezomni.list curl https://keybase.io/ihabunek/pgp_keys.asc | sudo apt-key add - sudo apt update sudo apt install python3-github-vanity
From Python Package Index
Preferably install into a virtual environment.
pip install github-vanity
Initialize an empty Git repository which you will submit to GitHub.
Populate the repo with the desired text:
vanity write "Hi there!"
Push the repo to GitHub and presto!
vanity write [options] text
- text - text to write to the commit chart
- -h, --help - show usage instructions
- -d, --start_date - the date to start with, should be a Sunday
- -o, --offset - number of spaces to leave to the left (default is 0)
- -s, --spacing - spacing between letters (default is 1)
- -w, --space_width - width of space character (default is 4)
- -c, --commits - number of commits per pixel (default is 50)
start_date is the Sunday 52 weeks before the last one, which
is the first pixel visible on the commit chart.