Content as Code is an approach to develop workflows and technology to improve content re-use and maintainability.
It aims to make content authoring and management benefit from software engineering collaboration best practices.
Our design goals are to enable:
- Focused Writing
- Localisation and translation
- Low barrier to collaboration
- Track changes and manage contributions
- Content Reuse
- Multiple publication channels
Our technology approach builds on top of lightweight tools that separate concerns (instead of large monolithic frameworks as generally seen in CMSes):
- Using Git for version control
- Using Markdown and enhanced flavors of Markdown for authoring
- Support dependency tracking at the fragment level.
- Support static website generation and interoperability with content management systems
- Support a micro-service approach to providing commenting, statistics and other dynamic features.
Content as code is supported by a partnership. The partnership brings together implementers contributing to projects publishing free/libre and open source content and wanting to have a lightweight (post-CMS or CMS-Free) approach to content management that focus on the author experience (as well as editor and translator experience).
Read more about: