Contributor Best Practices
- Ensure logging output from performing
mvn clean installis kept to an absolute minimum, as we have a 4MB limit on log output on our ci builds.
- Ensure the max log level is INFO for all code
hibernate.show_sqlshould always be
- If adding a new component do add a README.md page to explain its configuration and use
- For each new component ensure this is demonstrated in a sample module / flow.
- Install the latest version of eclipse
- Launch eclipse and install the m2e plugin, make sure it uses your repo configs (get it from: http://www.eclipse.org/m2e/download/ or install "Maven Integration for Eclipse" from the Eclipse Marketplace)
- In eclipse preferences Java->Code Style, import the cleanup, templates, and formatter configs in ikasaneip/ikasan-developer/eclipse in the ikasanEIP repository.
- In eclipse preferences Java->Code Style->Code Templates enable the "Automatically add comments" checkbox to ensure the standard copyright notice gets added at the top of classes.
- Also in code template under Comments -> Types ensure you add your name to the @author tag
- In eclipse preferences Java->Editor->Save Actions enable "Additional Actions"
- Use import on the root pom.xml which will pull in all modules
- Wait (m2e takes awhile on initial import)