Linux Driver for Thinkpad WMI interface, allows you to control most BIOS settings from Linux, and maybe more.
Each setting exposed by the WMI interface is available under its own name in this sysfs directory. Read from the file to get the list of options and write an option to the file to set it.
Additionally, there are some extra files.
Must contain the BIOS password, if set, to be able to do any change.
Unclear, can be '', 'ascii' or 'scancode'.
Unclear, can be '', 'us', 'fr' or 'gr'.
Display password related settings.
Reset all settings to factory default.
The debugfs interface maps closely to the WMI Interface (see driver and doc).
- bios_settings: show all BIOS settings
- bios_setting: show BIOS setting for
- list_valid_choices: list settings for
- set_bios_settings: call set bios settings command with .
- save_bios_settings call save bios settings command with .
- discard_bios_settings: call discard bios settings command with .
- load_default: call load default with .
- set_bios_password: call set BIOS password with .
- argument: argument to be used in various commands.
- instance: setting instance.
- instance_count: number of settings.
- password_settings: password settings.
Thinkpad WMI interface documentation: http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/thinkcentre_pdf/hrdeploy_en.pdf