Open Hardware scanning laser rangefinder based on Time-of-Flight principle. No standalone laser rangefinder modules were used in this LIDAR, so its schematic and firmware are fully open.
- Scanning speed: 15 scans/second
- Resolution: ~ 1% of distance, but not better than ±2 cm
- Minimal distance: 5 cm
- Maximal distance: ~25 m (white surface)
- Angular resolution: 0.5 deg
- Measurements frequency: ~11 kHz
- Scanning angular range: ~230 deg, could be increased by changing mechanics
- Power: 0.1 A at 5V (0.5 W). Start current could be bigger than 0.8 A.
- Size: 50x50x120 mm
Price of the components of this LIDAR is ~114$ (without delivery).
See BOM with all calculations: "TotalBOM.xlsx".
This LIDAR is using COTS (Commercial Off-The-Shelf) optical components - standard lenses for surveillance cameras.
There is a big article in Russian about this project: https://habr.com/ru/post/485574/
Google translation: https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fhabr.com%2Fru%2Fpost%2F485574%2F
This repository is still under development.
See project's Wiki for more information: https://github.com/iliasam/OpenTOFLidar/wiki
Video about OpenTOFLidar: https://youtu.be/lTPH_Xa9yCk
Please leave me feedback if you will be able to reproduce this project.