Welcome to the systems programming coursebook! This repository houses a high-quality, open-source introductory systems programming textbook used by the CS 241 Systems Programming course at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign The book assumes that you have taken a programming language course and are familiar with assembly instructions. All of the code and instruction will be in C, as it is the de-facto language of the Linux Kernel.
The Coursebook is an aim to standardize and build upon Angrave's original wikibook experiment.
The most recent version of the coursebook as a single pdf is here: main.pdf.
- Improve the quality and rigour of the original wikibook while maintaining openness.
- Improve the factualness by including citations, footnotes, extended reading, and a glossary.
- Have exports in the form of pdf, markdown, and html.
- Automagically build so writers can focus on writing.
Contributing, Building, and Structure
Credit Where Credit is Due
- Title Page Idea Inspiration - https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/85904/showcase-of-beautiful-title-page-done-in-tex
- Duck Image Inspiration - https://pixabay.com/photos/toy-bath-rubber-duck-studio-1474138/
- Chapter Style Inspiration - https://texblog.org/2012/07/03/fancy-latex-chapter-styles/
- PDF Image Inspiration - https://pixabay.com/illustrations/pdf-miniature-file-icon-2127829/