HTML5 Boilerplate is a professional front-end template that helps you build fast, robust, adaptable, and future-proof websites. Spend more time developing and less time reinventing the wheel.
This project is the product of many years of iterative development and combined community knowledge. It does not impose a specific development philosophy or framework, so you're free to architect your code in the way that you want.
Clone the git repo -
git clone git://github.com/h5bp/html5-boilerplate.git -
or download it
- HTML5 ready. Use the new elements with confidence.
- Cross-browser compatible (Chrome, Opera, Safari, Firefox 3.6+, IE6+).
- Apache server caching, compression, and other configuration defaults for Grade-A performance.
- CSS normalizations and common bug fixes.
- IE-specific classes for easier cross-browser control.
- A default print stylesheet, performance optimized.
- Mobile browser optimizations.
- Protection against any stray
- The latest jQuery via CDN, with a local fallback.
- A custom Modernizr build for feature detection.
- An optimized Google Analytics snippet.
- Cross-domain Ajax and Flash.
- Designed with progressive enhancement in mind.
- "Delete-key friendly." Easy to strip out parts you don't need.
- Extensive inline and accompanying documentation.
HTML5 Boilerplate comes with a very simple
grunt file to get you started with a build
process. It comes with basic
concat tasks that can be used to
automatically combine your CSS files into
main.css whenever you save them.
To use the grunt tasks (and add your own) download and install Node.js with
npm, then install grunt from the command line -
install -g grunt.
To manually concatenate the CSS files run
grunt concat from the command
To have grunt automatically concatenate your files each time you save them, run
grunt watch from the command line before you start working on the CSS.
Anyone and everyone is welcome to contribute. Hundreds of developers have helped make the HTML5 Boilerplate what it is today.
- Source: http://github.com/h5bp/html5-boilerplate
- Web: http://html5boilerplate.com
- Docs: http://html5boilerplate.com/docs
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/h5bp
- jQuery: MIT/GPL license
- Modernizr: MIT/BSD license
- Normalize.css: Public Domain
The Unlicense (aka: public domain)