General weighted average calculator built for the modern web.
- GWA calculation for Philippine Science High School students
- Support for optional electives for Grade 10 PSHS students
- Support for defining a custom set of subjects (for college students)
- Progressive web app (can run offline on supported browsers/devices)
- Night mode (can be automatically enabled at sunset)
- Cumulative GPA calculation mode (experimental)
This project uses Gulp to generate the needed HTML, CSS, and JS files. For example,
index.html is generated by combining the HTML files inside
src/html_components/, and the main
To build the calculator on your machine, you will need a working installation of Node.js.
Once you have Node.js installed, clone the repository locally and install the required Node.js modules (the following steps are for Linux/macOS):
git clone https://github.com/illustra/gwa.git cd gwa npm install -g gulp-cli npm install
mkdir -p dist/js curl 'https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.3.1/jquery.min.js' > dist/js/jquery.min.js curl 'https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/fastclick/1.0.6/fastclick.min.js' > dist/js/fastclick.min.js curl 'https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/jquery.touchswipe/1.6.18/jquery.touchSwipe.min.js' > dist/js/touchswipe.min.js curl 'https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/webfont/1.6.28/webfontloader.js' > dist/js/webfontloader.min.js curl 'https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/suncalc/1.8.0/suncalc.min.js' > dist/js/suncalc.min.js curl 'https://firstname.lastname@example.org' > dist/js/ripple.min.js
You are now ready to make your changes to the files inside
src/. When you're done, build the calculator:
Open the resulting
index.html with your favorite browser.
If you have a suggestion for the calculator, you can either
- send me a message about it here, or
- make a pull request on this repository if you have some code to share!
- Google for Material Design Icons
- jQuery for, well, jQuery
- TypeKit for WebFontLoader
- Matt Bryson for jQuery.touchSwipe
- Vladimir Agafonkin for SunCalc
pisaygwa: The quick, responsive GWA calculator for PSHS and college students. Copyright (C) 2016-2018 Aurel Jared Dantis This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA.