Local tax calculation (i.e. state based for US taxation) for Spree Commerce.
- Inherit from DefaultTax
- Taxable amount is calculated as: item total + shipping - promotional adjustments. This can be easily adjusted.
- Allow for matching by city + state or zip code
- No modifications to existing tax calculation logic: all logic contained within new calculator
- Downloadable reports via spree_advanced_reporting: tax by city, tax by order. These reports default to report by order shipped date and include only fully shipped orders. Tax reports respect
- Swappable tax calculation backends. Right now only SQL is supported, possibly support avalara, taxcloud, SpeedTax, or TDS in the future
bundle exec rails g spree_local_tax:install. This adds the DB migration for SQL based local tax calculation
- After installation, a new tax calculator will be available under Configuration --> Tax Rates.
- You have to set the state tax rate manually
- Support for taxcloud or other tax API (I believe there are other extensions out there for 3rd party tax calculation now; don't need to do this ATM)
- The code that monkeypatches the
Spree::ReportsControlleris pretty messy right now. Unfortunately there is not an easy way to clean this up without improvements to the class itself. There is an issue open describing this problem.
Copyright (c) 2012 Michael Bianco (@iloveitaly), released under the New BSD License