Adds Solr search to Spree Commerce using Sunspot.
This is compatible with Spree 1.1.x. Untested on 1.0, but will probably work without too much modification.
Add spree_sunspot_search to your Gemfile and run bundler.
gem 'spree_sunspot_search', git: 'git://github.com/iloveitaly/spree_sunspot_search.git'
add the following to the Gemfile if you are not using another solr install locally for testing and development. The rake tasks for starting and stop this for development are included automatically for your use.
group :test, :development do gem 'sunspot_solr' end
Install the solr.yml file from Sunspot.
rails g sunspot_rails:install
Copy the initializer and add
rails g spree_sunspot_search:install
Running & Indexing
Start up Solr (bundled with Sunspot's install)
bundle exec rake sunspot:solr:run
Build the index for the first time
bundle exec rake sunspot:reindex
Stop the solr process:
bundle exec rake sunspot:solr:stop
Below is a sample config for production that works well for a site with relatively low search traffic and capistrano based deployment:
production: solr: hostname: 127.0.0.1 bind_address: 127.0.0.1 port: 8983 log_level: WARNING max_memory: 100M data_path: /data/spree/shared/solr/data pid_dir: /data/spree/shared/solr/pids solr_home: /data/spree/shared/solr auto_commit_after_request: false
Edit the initializer created by the installation script. The initializer template should provide enough examples to get you started.
- Add an automatic MAX value for price facets (e.g. Above )
- Sorting by facet criteria and Solr analytics (Best result, Popular, etc.)
- Open the Sunspot DSL to utilise all the additional data and analytics available through Solr
- Get the Taxon browsing (e.g. Categories) to utilise the Solr data for speed boosts
- Testing via https://github.com/justinko/sunspot-rails-tester + rspec
Copyright (c) 2011 John Brien Dilts, released under the New BSD License