WordPress MailChimp Subscription Widget
Simple widget for creating simple signup forms that drop into a MailChimp list. Original idea and code is based off of this MailChimp-Widget repository. I've since made a bunch of customizations centered around making the plugin more customizable both from the user and development perspective.
Here is a high level overview of the features:
- Multiple widgets on a single page (good for lead pages)
- Defaults to bootstrap classes
- Easy template customization
templates/mc-widget.phpto your theme to customize the widget template. Copy the default template for an easy starting point.
- The shortcode has the following customization options:
- learn_more - path for learn more button, can be empty
- description - can be empty
You can also setup custom forms. The
js-mailchimp-form class will notify the JS library to hook into the
submit event on the form.
<form action="/blog/" class='js-mailchimp-form' method="post"> <input type="hidden" name="ns_mc_number" value="2"> <div class="input-group"> <input class="form-control required email" type="email" name="ns_widget_mailchimp_email" placeholder="Email Address" value="" /> <span class="input-group-btn"><button class="btn btn-primary" id="mc-embedded-subscribe" name="subscribe" type="submit">Subscribe</button></span> </div> </form>
dataattributes to trigger MC signup on any forms
- Select different templates in MC widget admin
GROUPINGSmerge var handling
- If group type is radio button, it's possible to 'subscribe' two separate times to two groups that were designed to be mutually exclusive
- Leaner JS. Remove spinner & mask dependencies
- Use grunt for JS + CSS minification / workflow
- More code cleanup, move widget admin into template instead of mixing the HTML in with the class code