************************************************************************** _____ _____ _ _____ _ ____ _____ _____ _____ / ____| / ____| | | | __ \ | | / __ \ | ___| | __ \ | __ \ | (___ | | | | | |__) | | | | | | | | |___ | |__) | | |__) | \___ \ | | | | | ___/ | | | | | | | ___| | _ / | ___/ ____) | | |____ | | | | | | | |__| | | |___ | | \ \ | | |_____/ \_____| |_| |_| |_| \____/ |_____| |_| \_\ |_| https://www.scipioerp.com **************************************************************************
SCIPIO ERP - Community Edition
What is Scipio ERP
Scipio ERP is an Open Source Business Application Toolkit based on Java 8 and a built-in Tomcat application server. We provide standard applications, functions (services) and a well thought-out datamodel, so that you can create modern web applications.
Our templating toolkit simplifies the creation of modern UIs and is compatible with most modern HTML frameworks.
- Simplifies the creation of business or ECommerce applications
- Highly modular, extendable and customizable
- Bundles a long list of working applications
- Supports most modern HTML frameworks
- Supports Caching & Clustering
- Can be rolled out internationally
- Business Applications & functions for
- Asset Maintenance
- Catalog Management
- Content Management
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Human Resource Management
- Manufacturing Management
- Order Management
- User Management
- Warehouse Management
- Work Effort (Time tracking)
- A templating toolkit (freemarker macros) to simplify UI creation
- A multi-language, multi-national, multi-store Ecommerce application
- A flexible datamodel
- Support of various third-party APIs (payment, shipping, apache camel, etc.)
- Operating System: Windows, Linux, OS X
- Core 2 Duo or Athlon X2 at 2.4 GHz or higher
- 4+GB RAM, 2+GB free hard disk space
- Java 1.8 (or greater) SDK
- Apache ANT
Recommended Development Tools
- GIT Client
- Eclipse Java IDE
- Freemarker IDE editor (select from JBooss tools plugin)
In order to install SCIPIO ERP, the following prerequisites must be installed:
- Java 1.8 (or greater) SDK
- Download and Install
- Set JAVA_HOME Path
- Validate Settings
- Install Apache Ant
- Download and Install
The standard way to get SCIPIO ERP to is to checkout the scipioce-1.14 branch, which provides you with the latest version of the 1.14.x line with latest important updates:
- Open your command line and run:
- git clone https://github.com/ilscipio/scipio-erp.git
- cd scipio-erp
- git checkout scipioce-1.14
You may also use the master branch (simply omit step c.), the main development branch, for access to latest features and changes, but it is subject to compatibility-breaking changes without notice (unless you have a supported client project, in which case we will assist). For some projects, master may be the recommended branch to use.
In order to install, the following steps must be taken:
- Open your command line, go to the extracted folder and run:
- Linux ./install.sh
- OS X: ./install.sh
- Windows: install.bat
- From the same command line run:
- Linux ./start.sh
- OS X: bash ./start.sh
- Windows: start.bat
To access the application visit the SCIPIO ERP Dashboard: https://localhost:8443/admin
To access the SCIPIO ERP applications from the Dashboard use: Username: admin Password: scipio
**Congratulations, you have installed SCIPIO ERP!**
Retrieve latest code updates from git: a. git checkout scipioce-1.14 b. git pull
Reload visual themes: a. Restart SCIPIO server b. Visit entity utility services page: https://localhost:8443/admin/control/EntityUtilityServices c. Click "Visual Theme Resources - Reload All, Now"
Community and enterprise SCIPIO ERP addons can be added to your working copy and updated using the 'git-addons' Bash script in the project root. It requires a Bash 4-compatible terminal (Linux, Mac, Windows Git Bash, Cygwin).
Instructions can be found at:
or for brief help and command list, type:
We also provide Docker images if you would like to try out Scipio with minimal effort. To create a fully functional SCIPIO ERP instance with some demo data already loaded, you can create a container with the following command:
docker create -p 8080:8080 -p 8443:8443 ilscipio/scipio-erp:demo
For detailed information and changes about the SCIPIO ERP suite, visit the official website at:
You can get in touch with the community over at:
Scipio ERP is a fork of the Apache OFBiz project.
For more details about OFBiz please visit the OFBiz Documentation page:
The source code that makes up The SCIPIO ERP Community Edition (hereinafter referred to as "SCIPIO ERP") and the majority of the libraries distributed with it are licensed under the Apache License v2.0.
Other licenses used by libraries distributed with SCIPIO ERP are listed in the LICENSE file. This file includes a list of all libraries distributed with SCIPIO ERP and the full text of the license used for each.
For additional details, see the NOTICE file.
This software is provided as is and free of charge. There is no warranty or support implied under the terms of the license included.
SCIPIO ERP and the SCIPIO logo are trademarks of Ilscipio GmbH. © Copyright SCIPIO components 2016 Ilscipio GmbH. Apache OFBiz, Apache, the Apache feather logo are trademarks of The Apache Software Foundation.
BIS Crypto TSU exception notice
This distribution includes cryptographic software. The country in which you currently reside may have restrictions on the import, possession, use, and/or re-export to another country, of encryption software. BEFORE using any encryption software, please check your country's laws, regulations and policies concerning the import, possession, or use, and re-export of encryption software, to see if this is permitted. See http://www.wassenaar.org/ for more information.
The U.S. Government Department of Commerce, Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS), has classified this software as Export Commodity Control Number (ECCN) 5D002.C.1, which includes information security software using or performing cryptographic functions with asymmetric algorithms. The form and manner of this Apache Software Foundation distribution makes it eligible for export under the License Exception ENC Technology Software Unrestricted (TSU) exception (see the BIS Export Administration Regulations, Section 740.13) for both object code and source code.
The following provides more details on the included cryptographic software:
* Various classes in Scipio, including DesCrypt, HashCrypt, and BlowFishCrypt use libraries from the Sun Java JDK API including java.security.* and javax.crypto.* (the JCE, Java Cryptography Extensions API) * Other classes such as HttpClient and various related ones use the JSSE (Java Secure Sockets Extension) API