Back 2 College (Capstone-Project-Udacity)
Features to implement
- Allows users to sign in via Google
- Allows teachers to share important announcement, documents, images, etc. to students grouped by department of study
- Notifies users when a new information is shared.
- Allow users to save the document/ image
- Announcement can be pinned to home screen as a widget.
Task 1: Project Setup
- List required dependecies
- Configure libraries
Task 2: Implement UI for Each Activity and Fragment
- Build UI for Login Activity
- Build UI for MainActivity with tapped fragments and design each fragment.
- Build UI for AddPost Activity
- Build UI for widget
Task 3: Implementing Google Sign In
- Implement google sign in and out feature using google services and firebase.
- Handle authentication check in each activity.
Task 4: Implement Firestore and Firebase Cloud Storage
- When the user add any post it should be stored in firestore and cloud storage(if required)
- The data will be fetched using queries and will be displayed in the MainActivity using RecyclerView.
- Notification will be sent to users about a new post using Firebase Cloud Functions and Firebase Cloud Messaging.
- Users will be able share posts using the IntentService.
Task 5: Create build variants
- Create required build variants
- Create keystore for release apk