Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
What is Octopress?
Octopress gives developers a well designed starting point for a Jekyll blog. It's easy to configure and easy to deploy. Sweet huh?
Octopress comes with
- A nice, easy to configure theme that focuses on readability and mobile friendliness.
- Built in support for Twitter, Pinboard, Delicious, Disqus Comments, Google Analytics, and Simple site search.
- Rake tasks that make development fast, and deploying easy.
- Building a Jekyll blog from scratch is a lot of work.
- Jekyll doesn't have default layouts or themes.
- Most developers don't want to do design.
See the full documentation at Octopress.org