Clone this wiki locally
What is Octopress?
Octopress gives developers a well designed starting point for a Jekyll blog. It's easy to configure and easy to deploy. Sweet huh?
Octopress comes with
- A nice, easy to configure theme that focuses on readability and mobile friendliness.
- Built in support for Twitter, Pinboard, Delicious, Disqus Comments, Google Analytics, and Simple site search.
- Rake tasks that make development fast, and deploying easy.
- Building a Jekyll blog from scratch is a lot of work.
- Jekyll doesn't have default layouts or themes.
- Most developers don't want to do design.
See the full documentation at Octopress.org