Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
3rd party plugins
Clone this wiki locally
Disclaimer: These plugins are maintained only by their authors. This list is maintained by the community and inclusion does not equate endorsement.
Other lists of plugins
- Jekyll Plugins - List of available plugins for Jekyll
- octopress-gauges - Plugin for tracking your octopress analytics with Gaug.es
- octopress-piwik - Plugin for tracking your octopress analytics with Piwik
- octopress-page-view - Plugin for displaying page view count for each page and post. See Demo and this post for more details.
- octopress-popular-posts - Plugin for show popular posts based on Google Analytics PV count. See demo and this post for more details.
- App Store - Octopress plugin that displays app info from Apple's AppStore.
- Bitcoin Donations - Adds a bitcoin donation QR Code and link. See demo.
- Chuck Norris - Add a random Chuck Norris joke to your Octopress blog asides. See Demo
- Coderbits Badges - Show off your coderbits badges in the octopress sidebar. See demo
- Coderbits Widget - Show off your coderbits portfolio stats in the octopress sidebar. See demo
- Coderwall - Adds your coderwall.com badges to the octopress sidebar
- Douban favorite show - Display douban favorite show on the awesome blog system Octopress.
- Flattr This - Adds an option to use Flattr on your site. See demo.
- Flickr Badge - Display Flickr photos in the Octopress sidebar, with some configurable options. This plugin does not require a Flickr API key.
- Gamercard - Add your XBox gamercard to your sidebar.
- Goodreads Status - Displays recent Goodreads status updates.
- Gravatar - Plugin to embed your Gravatar in the sidebar.
- Hovercard - Plugin to embed your Gravatar Hovercard in the sidebar.
- Last.fm Recently listened tracks aside - This is a simple aside for Octopress that uses the Last.fm API to pull the most recently listened tracks from your account and displays it on the octopress sidebar.
- MailChimp Signup Aside - Use your Octopress blogs to drive readers to sign up for a MailChimp mailing list See Demo
- Monthly Archive - Aside that shows Monthly Archive.
- NuGet - Aside that shows NuGet packages from an author in the sidebar. Similar to the github aside.
- Octopress Openweathermap - Aside that shows weather current conditions in the sidebar
- Octopress twitter aside - An Octopress 2.0 twitter aside plugin to embed twitter timelines, latest tweets, etc.
- paper.li headlines widget - Plugin to embed a paper.li widget in the sidebar.
- Shaarli - Aside that shows your share from your Shaarli instance.
- Stackoverflow flair aside - Simple plug-in to add the stack overflow flair in the blog aside
- Stickers - Plugin allows to place your favorit brand icons into aside area. See Demo
- Treehouse Badges - Widget for displaying your Treehouse badges in the sidebar
- Twitter generated "about me" aside - Loads a few data from your twitter profile (avatar, name, location & description) and displays it on the octopress sidebar.
- jekyll-assets - Rails-alike assets pipelines for Jekyll/Octopress
- Jekyll Asset Pipeline - Powerful asset pipeline that collects, converts and compresses JS and CSS assets
- AWS S3 Image Tag - An octopress plugin to upload files to AWS S3 account and Provide a tag to reference the files in your views.
- Octopress Gallery - manipulate images (resize & thumbnailing) and easily create image lists based on folder structure
- jekyll-toc-generator - Liquid filter to generate Table of Content into Jeklyll pages. Demo
Images with captions - Adds
imgcapto display images with a caption below it.
- AppBox - An AppBox to embed Apple Appstore or Google Play Apps to your posts in Octopress or Jekyll - See Demo
- CodePen - Plugin to embed CodePens. See Demo
- JSbin - Plugin to embed JSbins. See Demo
- Drupal Tag - Easily link to Drupal.org pages for Octopress
- Facebook Embedded Posts - Embed public Facebook posts from pages or users in blog posts.
- Feed Aggregator - Octopress plugin to allow turnkey support for hosting a blog feed aggregator.
- File Binder - Attach some images or other files to the entry.
- Flickr - Display Flickr images, video, and sets in blog posts. Can integrate with Fancybox.js for lightboxes and slideshows.
- Gallery Tag - Embed a gallery of images using Galleria.
- GithubRepoWidget - Plugin to display Github Repos in Posts for Octopress. The plugin uses JoelSutherland/GitHub-jQuery-Repo-Widget to generate a box for displaying your favorite Github repo in your posts. See Demo
- Google Form - For embedding Google Forms in Octopress with custom CSS and validation. See a guide here.
- Jekyll Contact - embed a contact form to any page in your blog. See Demo
- Gravatar Tag - Add a gravatar tag to include gravatars in your post markdown code
- iCheckMovies Tag - Show the last X movies you marked on iCheckMovies.com. Shows movie posters and titles, and more
- Jekyll Datachart - Jekyll plugin to easily embed data charts with pace and elevation that you recorded in a tcx-file (gpx, kml later?).
- jekyll_zeit - A plugin for including content from german newspaper "Die Zeit"/"Zeit online"
- Liquid Tweet Tag for Jekyll and Octopress - A simple Liquid tag that makes it easy to embed tweets
- Moot - Plugin to use Moot for post and page comments.
- Nicovideo - Plugin to nicovideo.
- OctoLayer - Embed beautiful maps into Octopress posts. See Demo
- Octopress-MapBox - A mapbox plugin for your octopress. Demo
- Pocket-Embed - Embed private links from Pocket in your blogposts - See Demo
- Responsive video embed - Helps you embed YouTube and Vimeo videos responsively to your Octopress since 2012.
- Responsive YouTube Video with lazy-loading plugin : improved YouTube plugin that delays the creation of the YouTube iframe until the user clicks on the video image for faster page loading.
- Slideshare Plugin A simple Liquid tag to include slideshare presentations
- SoundCloud plugin for Jekyll - Helps you embed stuff -from soundcloud more easily to your Octopress.
- Speaker Deck Plugin A simple Liquid tag to include Speaker Deck presentations
Spotify Play Button - Adds
spotifyliquid tag to add Spotify Play Buttons widgets on your posts.
- Storify Tag - Embed Storify stories in your posts.
- Various Octopress Plugins - A few Octopress plugins, including one to embed a GitHub commit in a post, and one to create a clickable image popup.
- Wikipedia Tag - Embeds a Wikipedia article summary in a post;
- Portfolio - Liquid tags for generating images for the projects that you want to show in your portfolio See demo
- iframe - a plugin for embedding iframes
- SociaLink - Easily link social media handles.
- 500px Liquid Tag - Link to a specific 500px.com Photo via Liquid Tag
- 500px Embed - Embed 500px photo using a Liquid tag
- Bootstrap Modal - Implements a clickable thumbnail image for pages and posts which displays the full image in a popup Bootstrap modal dialog.
- Octopress Add Original Link - This is a plugin to add the original link after the post.
- Giphy Tag -- A plugin for embedding random giphy GIFs on Jekyll sites according to a user defined topic
Navigation & organization
- Asset Path Tag - Allows organisation of assets into subdirectories by outputting a path for a given asset file relative to the current post or page.
- Calendar plugin - Shows a calendar with navigable months and the dates on which posts are available link to the posts page.
- category-tree - Plugin to organize categories in a tree
- Extra Post Filters - Plugins to filter collections of posts.
- group-categories - Plugin to group categories
- Indexer for Octopress - A tool for Octopress to automatically generate IDs in heading tags and index list aside. It helps you easily build a tutorial page with many chapters. See Demo.
- List by Author - Plugin to generate listing of posts by author. Also provides a Liquid filter for adding links for author to the listing page.
Octopress Category List - This is a plugin based on Octopress Tag Cloud, it fixed for utf-8, and use
- Octopress Tag Cloud - A simple tag cloud and category list in the sidebar for Octopress.
- octopress-culumnus - 3D rotating tagcloud for Octopress, ported from WP-cumulus. UPDATE: This plugin is now updated to handle creation of Tag clouds also.Find the updates plugin here also octopress-culumnus
- Popular Posts - Plugin which generates a popular posts asides section. Popularity is calculated based on page rank.
- QR-Code - Aside that shows QR-Code-image of each page/post in the sidebar.
- Related posts - A plugin to show related posts in an aside.
- Post Revision - A plugin to show each post's revision history from git repo. See demo page (at the end of post)
- octopress-wp_cumulus_for_tagcloud - A plugin for visualization of 3D Flash tag cloud for octopress
- Facebook Likebox - Plugin to add a Facebook likebox aside to collect likes for your Facebook page.
- octopress-facebook-like-box - Plugin to add a Facebook like-box aside, introduction: http://blog.teracy.com/2013/08/05/how-to-add-facebook-like-box-to-octopress/
- Karmacracy share button - adds Karmacracy at the bottom of blog entry.
- Sina Weibo Follow and Share Buttons Adds follow button and follower count to side bar; adds share button at the bottom of blog entry. Chinese audience cannot access Facebook/Twitter/GooglePlus, yet.
- Sync post to other Blog sites Sync the lastest blog to any other websites who support MetaWeblog API. (WordPress, CNblogs, CSDN, BlogBus etc.)
- Sync post to Sina Weibo Post the latest blog to sina weibo automatically for Octopress.
- Share latest post to LinkedIn Share the latest blog to LinkedIn timeline automatically.
Footnote Inline - Inline footnotes like Latex's
- octopress-gemoji - Provide a tag for Gemoji.
- Highlights - To highlight source code in an HTML document using SHJS for Jekyll.
- Highlight - A plugin to highlight a piece of text.
- keyboardkey - Provide "key" tag for the easy writing way of keyboard like symbol.
- Octemoji - Use emoji on your Octopress
- Readability - Readability support for Octopress
- Ribbonp - A Octopress plugin to output p block with pure css ribbon.