WebXR Device API Specification
WebXR is driving support for accessing virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) devices, including sensors and head-mounted displays on the Web.
The specification has recently undergone a name change, so expect to see multiple references to "WebVR" sprinkled throughout.
- Gamepad API Specification: Introduces a low-level JS API interface for accessing gamepad devices.
- Gamepad Extensions API Specification: Extends the Gamepad API to enable access to more advanced device capabilities.
- WebVR Community Group
- WebXR Device API Specification
- Immersive Web Early Adopters Guide
- Legacy WebVR API Specification
- WebXR Charter
To generate the spec document (
index.html) from the
index.bs Bikeshed document:
For normative changes, a corresponding
web-platform-tests PR is highly appreciated. Typically,
both PRs will be merged at the same time. Note that a test change that contradicts the spec should
not be merged before the corresponding spec change. If testing is not practical, please explain why
and if appropriate file a web-platform-tests issue
to follow up later. Add the
type:missing-coverage label as appropriate.
All Reports in this Repository are licensed by Contributors under the W3C Software and Document License.
Contributions to Specifications are made under the W3C CLA.
Contributions to Test Suites are made under the W3C 3-clause BSD License