Creating a graphical user interface (GUI) written by JavaFX that controls the configuration of the DAB ODR-mmbTools.
1. New/Open Configuration:
At the beginning created a new configuration. Alternative open a configuration-file.
Note: Loading externally created configuration doesn't work to 100% Reason: The complexity of configuration settings! Solution: Save the complete configuration by GUI and open it.
- The Configuration in first three Tabs from GUI (Multiplex, Components, Subchannels) based on ODR-DabMux.
- The Configuration in "Subchannels"-Tab based on ODR-AudioEnc and ODR-PadEnc. In the future a Data-Encoder could be added.
- The Configuration in "Outputs"-Tab based on ODR-DabMux and ODR-DabMod. Between the ODR-Tools is always used ZeroMQ, with generated ports.
Subchannel supported Input from Audio and Data.
- Webstream (over libvlc)
Outputs (combine DabMux and DabMod):
- Device (FarSync Card, Ettus USRP)
- File (ETI-NI File, I/Q-Samples File)
- Network (EDI, ETI: UDP, TCP; ZeroMQ: ETI, I/Q-Samples;)
3. Save Configuration:
If the configuration is to be stored, the user selects a folder or create a new one.
Files (don't rename it) inside project folder:
- dab.mux: Multiplex Configuration File
- xxxx.mod: Modulator Configuration File for DabMod (filename equals output-name in dab.mux)
- dab.sh: Bash-File to start all processes with screen (GUI didn't execute this skript, only the processes without screen)
If the complete configuration is without errors, it can be executed.
The GUI managed all Processes from ODR-Tools. If a process crashes or terminates, the user would be informed over a Alert-Window and additionally with E-Mail.
- Remote Control: TeamViewer, VNC, ...
- Check ETI-Stream: dablin_gtk (https://github.com/Opendigitalradio/dablin) -> need to create a ETI-File-Output (FIFO) for dablin input.
- Audio VU-meter: e.g. pavumeter (sudo apt-get install pavumeter)
- E-Mail-Log: need configure 'postfix' with exist Mail-Account (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Postfix) and enter receiver Mail-Address in the GUI
- ODR-DabMux >= v1.1.0
- ODR-DabMod >= v0.5.4
- ODR-AudioEnc >= v2.0.0
- ODR-PadEnc >= v2.0.0
- JAVA JRE Version >= 8
- Check the required Softwares
- Under UNIX => Install Open-JavaFX ("sudo apt-get install openjfx")
- Set the executable Bit under Settings and run with double click
- open Console and start GUI with command "java -jar /path/of/the/jar/file.jar"
Status: v0.6 -- fix bugs
- Open a new Configuration ==> work
- Open a Configuration ==> work
- Configure ==> work
- Save ==> work
- Execution ==> work
- Monitoring ==> work
<< Immanuel F. >>