Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Known Limitations of Translation
This document is to track things that we know the translator can't handle, as well as things it probably won't ever handle.
- variadic function definitions (blocked by Rust language)
- preserving comments (WIP)
_Complextypes (partially blocked by Rust language)
Unimplemented, might be implementable but very low priority
- GNU packed structs (Rust has
inlinefunctions (Rust has
restrictpointers (Rust has references)
- inline assembly
- SIMD functions with no rust equivalent
Likely won't ever support
setjmpAlthough there are LLVM intrinsics for these, it is unclear how these interact with Rust (esp. idiomatic Rust).
- jumps into and out of statement expressions We support GNU C statement expressions, but we can not handle jumping into or out of these. Both entry and exit into the expression have to be through the usual fall-through evaluation of the expression.