The idea behind Kundera is to make working with NoSQL Databases drop-dead simple and fun. Kundera is being developed with following objectives:
- To make working with NoSQL as simple as working with SQL
- To serve as JPA Compliant mapping solution for NoSQL Datastores.
- To help developers, forget the complexity of NoSQL stores and focus on Domain Model.
- To make switching across data-stores as easy as changing a configuration.
Current project structure contains:
- "src" folder contains Kundera source code.
- "benchmark" folder contains YCSB based Kundera benchmark module.
- "container" contains deployable web container modules.
How to build
Each module is a maven based project. To build a specific module(for example src). You need to execute a command as
mvn clean install -Dfile src/pom.xml
More details about Kundera source code structure and build process are available at => https://github.com/impetus-opensource/Kundera/blob/trunk/src/README.md
Kundera is backed by Impetus Labs - iLabs. iLabs is a R&D consulting division of Impetus Technologies (http://www.impetus.com). iLabs focuses on innovations with next generation technologies and creates practice areas and new products around them. iLabs is actively involved working on High Performance computing technologies, ranging from distributed/parallel computing, Erlang, grid softwares, GPU based software, Hadoop, Hbase, Cassandra, CouchDB and related technologies. iLabs is also working on various other Open Source initiatives.