Welcome to DuckDuckHack's Spice Instant Answers Repository
!(http://docs.duckduckhack.com/assets/hack search engine.png)
We're a community dedicated to making delightful search results for everyone. We do this using existing APIs, external data sets, or just some well-placed code.
Instant Answers appear on DuckDuckGo.com above ads and organic links, on millions of searches. Instant Answers are created by an open source community of developers around the world like yourself. Welcome!
You can find the full documentation here.
Jump Right In
The best way to learn about Instant Answers is to dive in with a walkthrough:
- Learn how to build a convenient calculation tool
- Learn how to turn an external API into delightful search results
- Create a cheat sheet for a favorite topic
We also welcome new contributors to learn by improving existing Instant Answers:
- Tackle some of the "low-hanging fruit" and, "high priority" issues on our Live Issues Page
- Help other DuckDuckHackers with their Instant Answers in development
- Suggest improvements & file bugs for live Instant Answers through the, "Create Issue" button on each IA page
- Have a favorite Instant Answer that you want to make even better? Feel free to dive in and make changes.
P.S.We're a digital community, but real people - we frequently meet up to hack together. Check out our global meetups.
Live Instant Answers Made by the Community
Here are some examples of what contributors have created. You can see all live Instant Answers listed here.
Instant Answers can be quite dynamic...
...or simply convenient:
Some are just cool:
Many are absolutely delightful and unexpected:
Many are super practical...
...in ways we never imagined:
Some Instant Answers are built from pure code:
Other Instant Answers channel external sources (API requests):
The possibilities are endless. Our community's mission is to cover every topic with a community-generated Instant Answer.