Jump-Start Go (JustGo)
A helpful builder for a light-weight Go skeleton project takes care of a lot of boilerplate in jump-starting a Go-powered microservice development with Docker and Go best-practices.
To learn more: https://justgo.rocks
- Isolated, project-specific Go environments in a container. No cross-project dependency issues.
- No mess with configuring GOPATH across projects!
- Code hot-reloading out of the box!
- Ready to ship as a container in production, when you are done working with it.
- Future-proof choice of dep for dependency-management
Easiest way to create a new project skeleton is to install JustGo CLI tool. There's no necessity to install Go on your machine, since the setup provides fully functioning Go environment in a Docker container.
If you already have Go on your machine, you can install the CLI tool with:
> go get github.com/inadarei/justgo
Please make sure you have $GOPATH environment variable set and that $GOPATH/bin is in your $PATH.
or you can install it using Homebrew, even if you don't have Go:
> brew tap inadarei/casks > brew install justgo
After you have installed the CLI tool, to create a skeleton of a new project, just run:
You can see various options by running
justgo -h. To learn how to run a
project, once it is created, see
Upgrade with Brew
> brew update > brew upgrade justgo