Atomic - a Fork of Yaaic
Atomic scratches an itch I (@indrora) had: A sexy IRC client that worked. After trying HoloIRC, AndChat, yaaic, and several others, yaaic came the closest and after pressure from friends, I decided to go ahead and fork yaaic.
Atomic's official IRC channel is
#atomic-irc on Freenode.
I'm changing the name to prevent clashes with yaaic, and to preserve Sebastian's honour.
The last bit of the original yaaic readme is kept below;
Newer icons used within are from the Android core icon pack, from Google. Ostensibly, they are (C) Google, inc. They are provided free of charge to Android developers. I claim no exclusive usage of them other than to say I use them.
The application icon is derived from the CC-BA 3.0 Unported icon by Designmodo. Its details can be seen at Iconfinder:
Things that I have changed/added
- Icons now match the Holo style (predominantly)
- Highlight notification sound can be chosen from the settings
Many of the translations are in flux. Please contribute on Crowdin to make sure your language is spoken by Atomic!
- Option to not hide the soft keyboard on SEND (Somewhat DONE!)
- Changing the size of the font in dp not in px (Working on it!)
- Update of all the icons (DONE!)
- Selecting a message copies it to the clipboard (There's support in there somewhere)
- Option to not scroll when a new message appears in a channel (Kinda done!)
Atomic is built on Gradle. You should be fine.
Working on Atomic
Build the intelliJ IDEA files via Gradle:
./gradlew cleanIdea idea
Atomic is based off of yaaic: Yet Another Android IRC Client.
View the original project on GitHub:
Check if there' a bug there, too!
Atomic includes the PircBot IRC API written by Paul Mutton available under the GNU General Public License (GPL). http://www.jibble.org
Atomic makes use of the following libraries:
- ViewPagerIndicator, licensed under the Apache license, version 2.0
- ActionBarSherlock, licensed under the Apache license, version 2.0
- MemorizingTrustManager, licensed under the Apache license, version 2.0
The Yaaic icon was designed by http://www.androidicons.com
Copyright 2009-2013 Sebastian Kaspari Copyright 2014- Morgan `Indrora' Gangwere Yaaic/Atomic is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. Yaaic/Atomic is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this software. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/