Beaglebone AVB Stack
This Wiki provides all the details regarding the AVB (Audio Video Bridging) Stack (i.e. a collection of software running in different layers to make the full functionality). It was developed on the Beaglebone black platform as part of the GSoC (Google Summer of Code) in the Beagleboard community.
Table of Contents
- gPTP demon
- AVB Virtual ALSA driver
- Build Instructions
- Test Application
- Future Work
The AVB Stack is a collection of the following software
- gPTPd: https://github.com/induarun9086/gPTPd
- AVB ALSA Virtual Driver: https://github.com/induarun9086/beagleboard-linux/
which in turn implement the following AVB protocols
- Generalized Precision Time Protocol (gPTP)
- Multiple Stream Reservation Protocol (MSRP)
- Audio Video Transfer Protocol (AVTP)
This test application demonstrates how the different components can be used to execute AVB streaming.