sumpy: n-body kernels and translation operators
Sumpy is mainly a 'scaffolding' package for Fast Multipole and quadrature methods. If you're building one of those and need code generation for the required Multipole and local expansions, come right on in. Together with boxtree, there is a full, symbolically kernel-independent FMM implementation here.
Sumpy relies on
- numpy for arrays
- boxtree for FMM tree building
- sumpy for expansions and analytical routines
- loopy for fast array operations
- pytest for automated testing
- PyOpenCL as computational infrastructure
PyOpenCL is likely the only package you'll have to install by hand, all the others will be installed automatically.