CNI IPAM Driver
Infoblox IPAM Driver for CNI
cni-infoblox is an IPAM driver for CNI that interfaces with Infoblox to provide IP Address Management service. CNI is the generic plugin-based networking layer for supporting container runtime environments.
For a detailed description of the driver, including a step by step deployment example, refer to the community blog on the Infoblox website: CNI Networking and IPAM.
- A NIOS DDI Appliance with cloud automation License.
To use the plugin, you need access to the Infoblox DDI product. For evaluation purposes, you can download a
virtual version of the product from the Infoblox Download Center and you can also assign temp license by login into the Infoblox DDI appliance console with this command
Alternatively, if you are an existing Infoblox customer, you can download it from the support site.
Refer to CONFIG.md for details on vNIOS configuration.
- Infoblox WAPI user should have the following permissions
Permission Type Resource Resource Type permission [DHCP] All IPv4 DHCP Fixed Addresses/Reservations IPv4 DHCP fixed address RW [DNS, DHCP, IPAM] All Hosts Host RW [DHCP, DNS, IPAM] All IPv4 Host Addresses IPv4 Host address RW [GRID] All Membes Member RW [DHCP, IPAM] All IPv4 Networks IPv4 Network RW [DHCP, IPAM] All Network Views Network view RW [CLOUD] All Tenants Tenant RW [DNS] All DNS Views DNS View RW
Configuring Supported container runtimes
Refer to the following links to configure each container runtime to use infoblox cni plugin:
- Kubernetes - README-K8S.md
- Rocket - With the Rocket(rkt), deallocate of IP does not work. Until rocket has latest cni, the infoblox plugin support will not be provided. Still configuring rocket to use infoblox cni plugin can be read at README-rkt.md
- Build - For dependencies and build instructions, refer to BUILD.md .
- Doesn't have Infoblox DNS support.
- For one Kubernetes deployment only one Infoblox Network view can be used.
If you get a message
Cloud Network Automation License not available or Infoblox WAPI user not having sufficient permissions. in the cni-infoblox-daemon log then you have to check for the
"Cloud Network Automation License" has applied and also check for sufficient permissions for the "Infoblox WAPI User" as given in the prerequisite.