Checklist for cookbooks, clusters and roles
Dependencies are in metadata.rb, and include_recipe in the
- include_recipe is only used if putting it in the role would be utterly un-interesting. You want the run to break unless it's explicitly included the role.
nfs:server, or anything that will start a daemon
(see TODO) Does
cluster_service_discoveryuniformly handle referring to a foreign cluster for the service?
- foo/default -- information shared by anyone using foo, including support packages, directories
- foo/client -- configure me as a foo client
- foo/server -- configure me as a foo server
- foo/aws_config -- cloud-specific settings
Recipes shouldn't repeat their service name:
- Attribute file named ???? (which is the prefered name?)
- roles and recipes
- are not in
run_list, but populated by the