Tendermint is a high-performance blockchain consensus engine for Byzantine fault tolerant applications written in any programming language.
Tendermint Core Compatibility
tendermint-rs has been tested for compatibility with Tendermint Core v0.34.20.
Tested against the latest stable version of Rust. May work with older versions.
We do our best to follow Semantic Versioning. However, as we are pre-v1.0.0, we use the MINOR version to refer to breaking changes and the PATCH version for features, improvements, and fixes.
We use the same version for all crates and release them collectively.
See each component for the relevant documentation.
- tendermint - Tendermint data structures and serialization
- tendermint-abci - A lightweight, low-level framework for building Tendermint ABCI applications in Rust
- tendermint-light-client - Tendermint light client library for verifying signed headers, tracking validator set changes, and detecting forks
- tendermint-light-client-js - Low-level WASM interface for interacting with the Tendermint light client verification functionality
- tendermint-p2p - At present this primarily provides the ability to connect to Tendermint nodes via Tendermint's secret connection.
- tendermint-proto - Protobuf data structures (generated using Prost) for wire-level interaction with Tendermint
- tendermint-rpc - Tendermint RPC client and response types
Release tags can be found on GitHub.
Crates are released on crates.io.
The Tendermint protocols are specified in English in the tendermint/tendermint repo. Any protocol changes or clarifications should be contributed there.
This repo contains the TLA+ specifications and Rust implementations for various components of Tendermint. See the CONTRIBUTING.md to start contributing.
Software, Specs, and Documentation
Copyright © 2020-2022 Informal Systems
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use the files in this repository except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.