Event Tracking Software
Quick setup guide
- Install mongoDB and run mongorestore on the [commsphere_root]/data/commsphere directory
- Install node.js
- Navigate to [commsphere_root]/src/ and run 'npm install'
- Then run 'node app.js' from [commsphere_root]/src/
- JQuery 1.10.2 compatible browser (Internet Explorer 8+, Firefox, Opera, Chrome)
- A folder called /sec/certs with server-key.pem, server-cert.pem, and gd_bundle-g2.pem for https. Self-signed is fine but certs must be present
- localhost/non-signed testing will be a bit wonky, and http has been set up only to forward to https.
Handy things to npm install -g
- forever (forever start/stop/list [app.js] to run/stop/list-running-apps given node.js application as a service in background)
- nodemon (start and run [app.js], runs node [app.js] in perpetuity. Automatically restarts upon changing system js files)
- CommSphere Confluence
- Server code is located in src. To run, clone this project, move into the src directory, npm install, then node app.js
- Data for MongoDB database is loaded in Data. To run, clone this project, move into the data directory, then run mongorestore on the commsphere directory.
- To Enable HTTPS, turn the flag in [commsphere_root]/src/server/lib/envProperties.js to 'true' and update the location of the proper certificates
- CommSphere Jira
- Development Paused. Occasional Bugfixes and enhancements.
By contributing to this project, you grant a world-wide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable license to all users under the terms of the Apache Software License v2 or later.
All comments, messages, pull requests, and other submissions received through CDC and PHIResearchLab.org pages including this GitHub page are subject to the Presidential Records Act and may be archived. Learn more http://cdc.gov/privacy
This project constitutes a work of the United States Government and is not subject to domestic copyright protection under 17 USC § 105.
The project utilizes code licensed under the terms of the Apache Software License and therefore is licensed under ASL v2 or later.
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the Apache Software License version 2, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the Apache Software License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the Apache Software License along with this program. If not, see http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html