Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
Centrifuge 1.0.3-beta release 12/06/2016
- Fixed Perl hash bangs (thanks to Andreas Sjödin / @druvus).
- Updated nt database building to work with new accession code scheme.
- Added option --tab-fmt-cols to specify output format columns.
- A minor fix for traversing the hitmap up the taxonomy tree.
- Centrifuge is now able to work directly with SRA data: both downloaded on demand over internet and prefetched to local disks.
- For example, you can run Centrifuge with SRA data (SRR353653) as follows.
centrifuge -x /path/to/index --sra-acc SRR353653
- This eliminates the need to download SRA reads manually and to convert them into fasta/fastq format without affecting the run time.
- We provide a Centrifuge index (nt index) for NCBI nucleotide non-redundant sequences collected from plasmids, organelles, viruses, archaea, bacteria, and eukaryotes, totaling ~109 billion bps. Centrifuge is a very good alternative to Megablast (or Blast) for searching through this huge database.
- Fixed Centrifuge's scripts related to sequence downloading and index building.