Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Internet Connected & Sensor Free Presence Detector with the C.H.I.P.
Lots of cool boards for makers and developers have been coming out, and the C.H.I.P. is one that boasts both built-in WiFi and Bluetooth. What really makes the C.H.I.P. standout, however, is that it only costs $9.
You read that right.
So, this WiFi-based presence detector will only cost you $9. It'll take you hardly any time at all, and you'll suddenly have a base for triggering all sorts of things when someone is detected.
Project level: Beginner Approximate time to complete: An hour or less Cost: Less than what you paid for lunch (ok, maybe not for you but it's close)
In this step-by-step tutorial, you will:
- connect to the C.H.I.P. for the first time
- setup the C.H.I.P. without a monitor or keyboard/mouse
- setup the C.H.I.P. to scan for devices on a WiFi network and use that to determine who is "home"
- stream collected data to a web service you can access from anywhere
- setup a "service" to run your script every time the C.H.I.P. boots up