Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
The Beaglebone Black is a fantastic piece of hardware that is extremely powerful. And now it's easier than ever to work with because it comes pre-loaded with Debian!
If you're looking to get started with Beaglebone or are trying to create an Internet of Things device that doesn't have to be dependent on a WiFi connection, then Digi-Key's Connected Cellular BeagleBone IoT Development Kit is for you! It comes with everything you need to establish a cellular internet connection, easily connect sensors, and then view your data in a real-time dashboard.
This tutorial goes over assembling the kit and getting started with a dashboard of your own. Specifically, you will:
- Assemble the Beaglebone Black, Nimbelink cellular cape with Aeris SIM card, and Seeed Grove Cape
- Setup an Aeris cellular plan
- Establish a reliable cellular connection
- Read from Grove plug-and-play sensors
- Send collected data to a real-time, web-based dashboard via the cellular connection
Let's get started!