This is a quick bugfix release that fixes an issue when saving a project with fault plane layers. The issue was probably only noticed when loading the project again.
- [Bug] Fix saving of projects with fault plane layers
This is the 6th beta release of InnStereo. Notable additions are translations into Dutch, Swedish, Serbian (Cyrillic) and Turkish. Some work also went into the Uzbek and Mongolian translation. I want to thank all the translators that volunteered to help!
A user has asked by email about checksums for the Windows builds. They are not generated automatically yet, but Beta 6 has the following:
- md5sum: 6bd65fa3a0ada95e8d2c82ef7934c0af
- sha256sum: e675ac04d76bc1a3974bd852c42112a2999b0af1ed0c71826fa785b93a22a62a
- md5sum: 824f0223dcc4db88d3b85e0fde24ef61
- sha256sum: 41fa8e416282473a99509d1c087c2ffe7cec73e2faf8f38e54e6417f9965d646
- [L10N] Swedish: 100 % (Elin Rydeblad)
- [L10N] Dutch: 100 % (Yorick Veenma)
- [L10N] Serbian-Cyrillic: 96 % (Ana Mladenovic, Milorad Antić, Yorick Veenma)
- [L10N] Turkish: 84 % (Zeynep Oner Baran, Gönenç Gil)
- [L10N] Mongolian: 11 % (Onon Gantumur)
This release is another major update to the translations. We now have the first right-to-left written translation. Nadav translated the interface into Hebrew and the impressive results can be seen here:
Two other versions reached 100 %. Portuguese-Portugal was completed by Mário Sequeira. And the Slovak translation was completed by Ondrej Pelech.
In addition Ioannis Alexandridis updated and corrected the Greek version. Matteo made further improvements on the Italian translation. Santiago updated the Spanish version. Shukurjon Islomov started the Uzbek-cyrillic version (9 % complete). And thanks to Szilvia the Hungarian version is now 28 % complete.
I hope users will aknowledge the hard work put into the translations. It is not easy to translate technical software and still make the user interface easy to use. Also, the translations, similar to the code, need continued improvement. Therefore, please create new issues (bug reports) for errors in the translations or the formatting of the translations. If you would like to help out with a language or start a new translation please contact me.
- [L10N] Hebrew: 74 % (Nadav Navon)
- [L10N] Slovak: 100 % (Ondrej Pelech)
- [L10N] Portuguese-Portugal: 100 % (Mário Sequeira)
- [L10N] Italian: 90 % (Matteo Pasotti)
- [L10N] Greek: Updates/Corrections (Ioannis Alexandridis)
- [L10N] Uzbek cyrillic 9 % (Shukurjon Islomov)
- [L10N] Hungarian: 28 % (Szilvia Deák-Kövér)
- [L10N] Spanish: 71 % (Santiago Pozas Requejo)
Beta 4 is just an update to the localizations. Nikolaos (Νικόλαος) has joined the team and translated 100 % of the strings into Greek in record time. Santiago has continued his great work on the Spanish version.
Even more people have stated their interest in creating localized versions. More beta versions will come as soon as new localizations are finished.
- [L10N] Greek 100 % (Nikolaos Argyropoulos)
- [L10N] Spanish 66 % (Santiago Pozas Requejo)
Beta 3 is the long awaited update to InnStereo. Over 100 commits have been made since the last release. The biggest change is that InnStereo can now be localized thanks to a lot of work by Matteo.
Audrey was kind enough to translate all of the strings into French. Matteo did a lot of work on the Italian version. The german translation was done by me (Tobias). I also started with the simpler strings in Dutch and Spanish, but the longer sentences need a native speaker. Hopefully for Beta 4 we will have those completed and some more translators for other languages.
The contour plots now also show a colorbar. Cut, copy, and paste now work for layers. If there is demand, this could also be implemented for data rows. And there is a new button that calculates the small circle that represents the Fisher-Confidence in a mean vector.
- [Feature] Colorbar for contour plots
- [Feature] Cut, copy and paste for layers
- [Feature] Button to calculate the Fisher-Confidence and plot the corresponding small circle
- [Feature] View menu now includes a radiobutton to see which view is selected
- [Bug] Fixed small circles that had random color fill
Beta 2 is just a quick bugfix and small feature release. Some bigger changes got delayed, but in the mean time the program will work a little better.
- [Feature] When opening a project, files can be filtered for JSON-files.
- [Feature] The cells for sense-of-movement now show a placeholder text with the available options.
- [Feature] Statusbar gives helpful messages in editing mode.
- [Feature] Improved the selecting and unselecting behaviour.
- [Bug] Fixed an issue with layers staying highlighted.
- [Bug] Fixed highlighted layers being drawn although their parents are unchecked.
I am happy to announce the first beta release of InnStereo. With the ability to load and save projects and the most important stereonet functions available the designation beta seems more fitting. What this also means, is that testers should be even more critical of the program. Please report any bugs or unusual behaviour at the projects issue tracker.
- [Feature] Loading and saving is now possible using JSON-files.
- [Feature] It is now possible to turn the user interface into a night-mode, that uses a dark interface.
- [Feature] Layers or subsets of layers can now be highlighted.
- [Feature] Drag and Drop is now possible for layers. This also works between multiple windows.
- [Bug] Added two missing tooltips.
- [Bug] New group-layers are now always expanded and inserted above the first selected item.
Alpha 7 brings some much needed bug fixes (especially to the eigenvectors and rotation functions). But there are also some features regarding the user interface and a mean vector function. Details are listed below.
- [Feature] Pressing tab in the last column of the last feature creates a new row. This increases the speed at which data can be entered by hand. In additoin the behaviour of the selection was improved. New rows are automatically selected and deleting rows now moves the selection up the list.
- [Feature] Added a function that calculates the PT-Axis for a faultplane layer.
- [Feature] A new toolbutton allows to calculate the mean vector (or mean direction) of a set of linears.
- [Bug] Fixed the bug where rotated layers were displayed correctly in the preview, but were incorrectly added to the project.
- [Bug] Fixed unresponsive "New Project" menuitem.
- [Bug] Markers of poles and linears are now only shown once in the legend.
- [Bug] Small circle layer are now shown in the layers.
- [Bug] Fixed eigenvector function for linear layers.
Alpha Release 6 fixes two bugs that occurred in the data-rotation dialog.
- [Bug] Rotations across stereonet boundaries leading to false results fixed. Points were falsely plotted on the upper hemisphere.
- [Bug] Planes and linears now rotate in the same direction.
Alpha Release 5 has some minor fixes, but most importantly a data-rotation dialog. One or more layers can now be rotated around an arbitrary axis. A function, that has many use-cases in geology. - Be reminded that the program is still in development and testing stage. The results of the calculation should be double-checked with another stereonet program before using them in reports.
The dialog windows were also updated and should be easier to use now. When for example a certain drawing setting (e.g. contours) is turned off, the widgets that customize the drawing are dynamically set insensitive.
- [Feature] Data-Rotation-Dialog implemented.
- [Feature] Improved dialog structure (switches, sensitivity, layout).
- [Bug] Fixed loading the setting of line drawing switch which was always on.
- [Bug] Fixed dialog windows not having a transient parent set.