Create custom appearances to customize your app's look with NSAppearance
How to use
The basic workflow is:
- Create an Appearance Maker document
- Select the UI elements you want to customize and click "Customize"
- Edit the PSDs in Photoshop or equivalent and save
- Change colors and fonts (font customization is not implemented yet)
- Preview and export the
- Add the
.CARfile to your app's resources
- Load the appearance using
NSAppearanceand apply It to your views
Please note that Appearance Maker only works on OS X 10.11 and later and is not finished yet, some features are not working (mainly the effects and fonts editor).
Check the docs. Even though Apple states you can create a custom appearance using Xcode, this is not currently available, so I've created this app that lets you make custom appearances.