WordLift provides several useful shortcodes to provide enhanced visualizations on your web site.
WordLift widgets can be inserted in a post or page to give a rich visual presentation of the entities populating the blog. As the blog grows and entities are created and mentioned, the widgets update their content without intervention from the editor.
[wl_chord width=... height=... main_color=... depth=... global=...]
The Chord widget visualizes relations between entities, starting from the current post and the entities mentioned in it.
- (optional) Width of the chord. Can be expressed in pixels or percentages (e.g. 120px or 70%).
- (optional) Height of the chord. Can be expressed in pixels or percentages (e.g. 120px or 70%).
- (optional) The chord's base color.
- (optional) Maximum distance to travel in the entity graph in order to populate the chord. A small number limits the exploration of the main entity.
- (optional) When global=true the main entity of the chord is not the current post, but the most mentioned entity in the latest posts.
[wl_timeline width=... height=... global=...]
The Timeline widget displays a navigable list of chronologically ordered Event entities. The window on top shows details of the selected Events.
- (optional) Width of the timeline. Can be expressed in pixels or percentages (e.g. 120px or 70%).
- (optional) Height of the timeline. Can be expressed in pixels or percentages (e.g. 120px or 70%).
- (optional) By default the timeline displays events (or events related to places) mentioned in the current post. When global=true the timeline displays events mentioned in the latest posts.
- (optional) When display_images_as='background' the timeline displays for each event the featured image of the entity as background.
- (optional) Allows you to set the number of words that appear in the the excerpts of the timeline.
When you create a timeline with WordLift you can pass in the shortcode optional parameters to set a variety of presentation options. These are derived from the TimelineJS library read more here.
[wl_geomap width=... height=... global=...]
The Geomap widget displays "Place" entities on a map. Each Place has its own marker with a popup containing a thumbnail and links of the place.
- (optional) Width of the geomap. Can be expressed in pixels or percentages (e.g. 120px or 70%).
- (optional) Height of the geomap. Can be expressed in pixels or percentages (e.g. 120px or 70%).
- (optional) By default the geomap displays places mentioned in the current post. When global=true the geomap displays all places mentioned in the blog.
The Navigator widget offers links to semantic-related posts in the blog. The search is made by considering the entities mentioned in the current post (in the order WHO, WHAT, WHERE, WHEN) and finding other blog posts mentioning the same entities. It is useful for content discovery.
Faceted search widget:
The Faceted Search widget can be used on entity pages to display and filter the posts related to the current and other entities. It is useful for content discovery.
Entity cloud widget:
The WordLift Entities Cloud Widget is also available as a shortcode. The widget displays entities related to the current post/entity in a tag cloud.
[wl_vocabulary limit=... type=... orderby=...]
The Glossary is a site-wide Widget that displays all the entities in alphabetical order. Here you can see an example of the Semantic SEO Glossary
By default the widget takes into account the latest 100 entities from all types (i.e. Person, Place, Organization, ...). The following paramenters can be used to personalise the entities beind displayed in the vocabulary:
- limit the total number of entities to displaye (100 is the defualt value). Use -1 to remove the limit.
- type the type of entities to display (all is the default value). Use `Person`to display only entities of type Person.
- orderby the selection is by default related to the alphabetical order (title is the default value). Selected entities can be ordered using different parameters. Read more here