A curated list of awesome inspectIT documentations and resources.
inspectIT is an open source APM (Application Performance Management) tool for analyzing Java (EE) applications.
- Website - Official website.
- GitHub Repository - inspectIT's source code repository.
- Issue Tracking - inspectIT's issue tracking system.
- Documentation - Official documentation.
- How to Write Your Own Sensor - Walkthrough on how to implement a custom sensor for inspectIT.
- inspectIT Workshop - Hands-on workshop about inspectIT and its setup, configuration and usage.
- Using Java Management Extensions (JMX) - Walkthrough on how to monitor JMX attributes.
- inspectIT in 7 Minutes - Short introduction of inspectIT at the 2015 Software Quality Days in Vienna.
- Integration of inspectIT into a Sping Boot or Java application - Tutorial on integrating an inspectIT agent into a Spring (Boot) or Java application.
- How We Boosted Magnolia Response Times - Use case where a performance problem in an application has been found using inspectIT.
- Collaboration With inspectIT RESTful Services - Introduction of inspectIT's REST interface.
- Using Open Source APM Software: inspectIT - Overview of inspectIT and case story of a typical usage scenario.
- Can the Opentracing Scene Benefit From New Tracer Implementations? - Comparision between the tracing systems inspectIT and Zipkin.
- Automated Performance Regression Testing Using Open Source Tools - Example scenario on how a automated performance regression chain can be setup using inspectIT.
- Cross-JVM Tracing - Introduction into inspectIT's cross-JVM tracing.
- Dynamically Change Monitoring Points During JVM Run-Time With inspectIT - How inspectIT dynamically updates monitoring points during application runtime.
- End User Monitoring done easy in inspectIT 1.8 - How inspectIT can be used to monitor the end user's experience.
Profiles And Sensor Configurations
- ColdFusion Markup Language Profile - Profile for tracking function calls in CFML.
- Sample Application for inspectIT - Sample application for demonstration purposes, based on the Spring Petclinic.
- Grafana Dashboards for inspectIT - GitHub repository containing Grafana dashboards for visualizing data from inspectIT.