Interchain Foundation Funding Program
The Interchain Foundation (ICF) has a broad mandate to support the development of open-source decentralized networks. This repository contains information about topics eligible for support, application instructions, our review process, and a record of funded projects.
Request for Proposals
The Interchain Foundation invites individuals, companies and institutions to submit proposals within the following categories. Each category contains a non-exhaustive list of topics, any of which could provide the basis for a successful funding proposal.
How to Apply
- Familiarize yourself with the ICF Mission & Vision and our current Request for Proposals to assess whether your proposal is aligned with the Interchain Foundation's mandate and quarterly objectives.
- Complete the application form at apply.interchain.io. Be sure to include a complete description of the proposed work, budget & timeline, otherwise we cannot consider your application.
- An email receipt will be sent upon submission, your application will be reviewed, and you will be contacted as soon as the Interchain Founation has made a determination.
All applications are reviewed by the Interchain Foundation as well by external parties within the various Granting Entities and the Technical Advisory Board. Throughout the process additional information may be requested. Find details about the review process here.
We often work with applicants to revise their proposed scope to ensure success and better meet the needs of the ecosystem.
Financing Agreements between Applicants and the Interchain Foundation can be of the following types:
- Service Agreement - This type is the most common, with payments based on clear fulfillment of deliverables.
- Grants - This type of financing is preferred if deliverables are less discrete, if proposed work is part of an ongoing process or multi-stakeholder system where ICF oversight will have little effect on the outcome.
- Investment - This is the least common type and occurs when there is exceptional alignment between a project and the Interchain Foundation's Mission and Vision.
See a list of projects funded to date here.
Open source projects funded by the ICF are encouraged to adhere to these repository guidelines.