Search Replace DB
This script was made to aid the process of migrating PHP and MySQL based websites. It has additional features for WordPress and Drupal but works for most other similar CMSes.
If you find a problem let us know in the issues area and if you can improve the code then please fork the repository and send us a pull request :)
Warnings & Limitations
- Three character UTF8 seems to break in certain cases.
- We can't test every possible case, though we do our best. Backups and verifications are important.
- The license for this script is GPL v3 and no longer WTFPL. Please bear this in mind if contributing or branching.
- You use this script at your own risk and we have no responsibility for any problems it may cause. Do backups.
- Migrate all your website files
- Upload the script folder to your web root or higher (eg. the same folder as
- Browse to the script folder URL in your web browser
- Fill in the fields as needed
- Choose the
Dry runbutton to do a dry run without searching/replacing
ARGS -h, --host Required. The hostname of the database server. -n, --name Required. Database name. -u, --user Required. Database user. -p, --pass Required. Database user's password. -s, --search String to search for or `preg_replace()` style regular expression. -r, --replace None empty string to replace search with or `preg_replace()` style replacement. -t, --tables If set only runs the script on the specified table, comma separate for multiple values. -i, --include-cols If set only runs the script on the specified columns, comma separate for multiple values. -x, --exclude-cols If set excludes the specified columns, comma separate for multiple values. -g, --regex [no value] Treats value for -s or --search as a regular expression and -r or --replace as a regular expression replacement. -l, --pagesize How many rows to fetch at a time from a table. -z, --dry-run [no value] Prevents any updates happening so you can preview the number of changes to be made -e, --alter-engine Changes the database table to the specified database engine eg. InnoDB or MyISAM. If specified search/replace arguments are ignored. They will not be run simultaneously. -a, --alter-collation Changes the database table to the specified collation eg. utf8_unicode_ci. If specified search/replace arguments are ignored. They will not be run simultaneously. -v, --verbose [true|false] Defaults to true, can be set to false to run script silently. --help Displays this help message ;)
I get a popup saying there was an AJAX error
This happens occasionally and could be for a couple of reasons:
- script was unable to set the timeout so PHP closed the connection before the table could be processed, this can happen on some server configurations
- When using php-fpm (as you have with VVV) make sure that the socket is owned by the server user
chown www-data:www-data /var/run/php5-fpm.sock