Internet Archive BookReader
NOTE: Work has begun on version 2. This includes a new desktop and mobile design. The intention is to build off the existing codebase and not break existing compatibility, but this is not guaranteed. We are also planning on transferring this repository to the "internetarchive" github group. Questions about version 2 can be directed at Richard@archive.org.
If you want to use this today, please use the latest stable release located here: https://github.com/openlibrary/bookreader/releases/tag/Release30
Some of the features planned for version 2:
- Updated look for desktop
- Improved mobile support
- Fix issues with Text to Speech in browsers that don't support Flash
- Bookmark feature
- Search drawer
- Add user interface for restricting and lending books
Some features in consideration:
- Packaging as an NPM module
- Add controls for image greyscale and brightness
- Remove PHP backend code from this repository and only include frontend code
The Internet Archive BookReader is used to view books from the Internet Archive online and can also be used to view other books.
Developer documentation: http://openlibrary.org/dev/docs/bookreader
Hosted source code: http://github.com/openlibrary/bookreader
The source code license is AGPL v3, as described in the LICENSE file.