This is a SiriProxy plugin to control Philips Hue lights with Siri. It has been developed for and tested with jimmykane's Three Little Pigs fork of SiriProxy, although the plugin APIs look very similar and for now it may work with both.
- Turn off all the lights
- Turn on (the) bedroom light(s)
- Turn up (the) kitchen light(s)
- Set (the) hallway to 20%
- Set (the) bedroom to green
- Set (the) living room to love
- Make it look like a sunset (not implemented yet)
- Follow the setup instructions for SiriProxy if you haven't already, then copy SiriProxy-Hue into the plugins folder.
- Find out the IP address of your Hue bridge
Add the plugin in the SiriProxy config.yml file, substituting your own information:
plugins: - name: 'Hue' path: "./plugins/siriproxy-hue" bridge_ip: "10.0.1.2" username: "JohnnyAppleseed"
rvmsudo bundle exec ./siriproxy-restarter
- Say one of the commands above. The first time Siri will prompt you to press the link button on your Hue bridge.
I'm more than happy to look into issues with SiriProxy-Hue itself, but please respect that I won't be able to provide installation support for you.
The API used with the Hue bridge has been sniffed by other people who deserve the credit.
Philips has since made it publicly available.
There's also a ton of people who have put work into SiriProxy, thanks to them for making this possible.