InterSystems iKnow Entity Browser
A visualizer of iKnow entities for IntersSystems iKnow on 2016.2+ platforms.
Download the latest release XML
and import it into iKnow-enabled namespace (for example, SAMPLES). Then, open your browser at
http://127.0.0.1:57772/EntityBrowser/ web page (change the host/port respectively to your server's
addresses and always append the trailing slash
/ at the end of the URL).
To delete the application, simply delete the
EntityBrowser package, the web application will be
deleted automatically if it wasn't modified since installation as well as it gets created during the
Currently, to use iKnowEntityBrowser in different namespaces, you need to import the project to each
iKnow-enabled namespace, and manually set up web application (for example, you can clone
/EntityBrowser application and name it
/EntityBrowserUser). Change the settings inside
application as well in this case. Currently we are working under possibility to change the namespace
from the UI interface.
If you installed iKnow Entity Browser on the server and made the web application public, you can connect to this server from any front-end, for example, even from this demo application.
- Click and drag on empty space to move around.
- Click and drag on a node to move the node.
- Single-click a node to select it.
- Shift-click nodes to select nodes and their children.
- Ctrl-click and drag on empty space to select a bunch of nodes.
- Click the
X morenode to see the less relevant nodes.
- Scroll down or up to scale.
- Click on menu button to open a table containing information about selected nodes.
- Click on export button to save the table as a file.
- Undo/Redo any node operations such as deleting or expanding.
- Unlink node children by clicking unlink button when nodes selected.
- Delete selected nodes by clicking delete button.
- Reset the selection with reset selection button.
Settings and Embedding
You can change different settings to control application behavior. All settings are stored in browser's local storage. Also, you can overwrite any option by passing its name and a value as an URL parameter (make sure all URL parameters are properly encoded). The list of supported options is represented in the table below.
||Hides interface controls when set to
||The host name of the server.|
||The port of the server.|
||Caché web application name.|
||iKnow domain name.|
||iKnow query type. Can be
Development of the project lies completely outside of Caché (in any environment you like). The project tree has three main entry points:
- Static client files at
src/static. This is the front-end part of the application which will be packed by Gulp and put to
- Server package at
src/cls. It contains all Caché classes in UDL format. The directory structure inside
src/clsdirectory corresponds to the package structure in Caché.
- Import scripts that make the development like a charm: set up once and use one command to import/export project to/from Caché.
There are some steps needed for initial setup:
git clone https://github.com/intersystems-ru/iknow-entity-browser cd iknow-entity-browser npm install
Pre-configured variables section in
import.* script to match your system. Now you're
ready! Run the following:
import # or ./import on *nix systems
This will build the project and put all classes into your Caché. Also, this will export XML file that can be imported to any Caché system (2016.2+).