A standardized, organized, object-oriented foundation for building high-quality WordPress Plugins.
Jaxion Bootstrap comes with these requirements:
- PHP 5.3+
- composer, for back-end libraries.
- npm, for build tools.
- Bower, for front-end libraries.
- gulp, for project builds
- New plugins can be generated with
composer create-project intraxia/jaxion-bootstrap <target_dir>.
- Jaxion Bootstrap comes with Jaxion built in, .
- The app is loaded into a singleton so third-party developers can manipulate the hooks.
- The project includes a
.potfile as a starting point for internationalization.
- The unit tests are scaffolded and ready to go, based on
wp scaffold plugin-tests, and good defaults for Travis & Scrutinizer.
The plugin can be developed in your
wp-content folder directly. Run
gulp to make the minified and concatenated files and begin the watch process. Whenever the scripts or styles change, gulp will recompile them into their respective css and js files.
When you want to provide a version to distribute, run
gulp build and distribute the resulting .zip file.