MVVM Design Pattern Demo
An Xcode 9 project written in Swift 4 code built using the MVVM design pattern, truly extolling the virtues of MVVM over MVC.
In the tutorial accompanying this repo, I'll introduce you to the "Model-View-ViewModel" or "MVVM" design pattern. For a historical and pragmatic perspective, I'll compare the very well-known "Model-View-Controller" or "MVC" design pattern, long favored by many iOS developers, to MVVM, which has steadily been gaining traction among the same group of developers.
Here's the app -- resulting from building this project in Xcode -- in action:
Xcode 9 project settings
To get this project running on the Simulator or a physical device (iPhone, iPad), go to the following locations in Xcode and make the suggested changes:
- Project Navigator -> [Project Name] -> Targets List -> TARGETS -> [Target Name] -> General -> Signing
- Tick the "Automatically manage signing" box
- Select a valid name from the "Team" dropdown
- Project Navigator -> [Project Name] -> Targets List -> TARGETS -> [Target Name] -> General -> Identity
- Change the "com.yourDomainNameHere" portion of the value in the "Bundle Identifier" text field to your real reverse domain name (i.e., "com.yourRealDomainName.Project-Name").