An open-source data science package for interacting with data stored on iotile.cloud.
- [(optional) Jupyter Setup][optional-jupyter-setup]
- [(optional) Interactive Widgets][optional-interactive-widgets]
- [(optional) Windows Python Installation][optional-windows-python-installation]
- [(optional) Using Docker][optional-using-docker]
- [Basic Usage][basic-usage]
- Python 2.7+ or Python 3.5+
- Any platform supported by python with all of the required dependencies
- Ideally a working Jupyter installation for analysis though that is not required.
This package requires the following standard python data analysis packages:
They are installed automatically when you install
iotile_anlytics but if you
are running on Windows, you may want to download a prebuilt python distribution
since that's easier to install than trying to compile everything.
pip install iotile_analytics
(optional) Jupyter Setup
If you're not familiar with the Jupyter Interactive Computing program, you can read more about it at https://jupyter.org or you can install it quickly using:
pip install jupyter
Running is as simple as:
There is also Quickstart Guide
(optional) Interactive Widgets
Some operations can take awhile to complete depending on how much data you have to fetch from iotile.cloud. To support showing progress bars in Jupyter Notebook you need to install IPyWidgets:
pip install ipywidgets jupyter nbextension enable --py --sys-prefix widgetsnbextension jupyter nbextension enable --py --sys-prefix bqplot
(optional) Windows Python Installation
If you are on Windows and don't have a good python interpreter, one potentially good option would be Anaconda. It has prebuilt versions of all of the standard packages.
(optional) Using Docker
This package is best used in combination with a Jupyter Notebook for interactive data analysis using data pulled from iotile.cloud.
TODO: Add example usage here
TODO: Add link to readthedocs